Tuesday, August 9, 2011

13 years, 2 months–The Beginning

Dear Daughter,

It has been quite a journey to this point. The last 2 months alone have been an adventure. You’ve shown grace, patience, temper and fury. You’ve had your heart broken, your hopes crushed, and you’ve been given new beginnings. You’ve been on stage performing for hundreds, and you’ve been asked to perform for just one, all the while saving the best for us.

I have so many hopes for you, so many dreams and as you know far too many questions. You hate my questions. But, I’m never going to stop asking them, no matter how far your eyes roll, or how often you look like lasers will shoot out of your eyes. And, if you think I’m weird now, just wait, it will only get worse as I try to infuse humor into your sometimes stressful experiences.

I’m going to try to record as much of it as I can, not that you will like that, but sometimes, there are things I want to say, but can’t or you won’t let me. Maybe some day, you’ll read this. Even if you don’t, I will do my best to respect you.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment